Great Canadian Ghost Stories
A compelling collection of iconic ghost stories from all across Canada.
Time and place are infused with ghosts and hauntings. From coast to coast to coast, Canada’s provinces and territories teem with the supernatural—phantoms obscured in the mists of time, spectres that delight in wreaking terror, and spirits destined to linger forever at the edge of the veil.
Visit the far-flung corners of Canada to discover the folklore and legends behind:
- the ghost of a Newfoundland outlaw that leads blizzard-blind men to safety
- A poltergeist infestation that gleefully tortured an entire Nova Scotia family
- A fleet of phantom ships that haunt the coastline of New Brunswick
- the haggard spectre of a murderous witch in historic Quebec City
- Saskatchewan’s ghost-ridden military cadet academy
- an Alberta cabbie’s encounter with a silent shadow of a man in black
- the headless railway brakeman of Vancouver
- a moaning, man-shaped mist that haunts a Yukon cabin
From east to west to way up north, bestselling author and renowned storyteller Barbara Smith traverses Canada’s provinces and territories to unearth more than 100 supernatural tales that careen between heartwarming, horrifying, sorrowful, and spine-chilling.